[NTG-context] Issues in export

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Tue Jan 20 09:52:09 CET 2015

Am 2015-01-19 um 15:44 schrieb Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl>:

>> In raw.xml I’d prefer something like
>>

>> Quoth<description detail="footnote" id="1">by Edgar Allan Poe</description>
>>

>> or
>>

>> Quoth<description detail="footnote" id="1" />
>>   <description detail="footnote" id="1">
>>    <descriptiontag>1</descriptiontag>
>>    <descriptioncontent>by Edgar Al­lan Poe</descriptioncontent>
>>   </description>
>>

>> and in div.xhtml something that works in HTML, like a title:
>
> Well, basically the export is visual with a few goodies; a footnote is nothing special unless i intercept it as such and even then it would be 'note' and again something generic it's probably no big deal to provide the crosslinked reference between the items but that would then not be '1' because there can be many 1's. Just collect such wishes and i can look at it when i'm in epub mode again.

Visual might be ok, but please leave out „hard“ formatting like <sup>.
The 1 is just a placeholder - doesn’t ConTeXt have some suitable internal ID?

Ok, I’ll start a wishlist.

> That would be kind of arbitrary and unnatural: why should some content (of a description) suddenly end up as an attribute title.

Just because it works in HTML. Of course it wouldn’t work with long or nested footnotes.
And of course it’s a matter of taste (and usage of notes) if it makes sense to keep notes at the noted text.

>> or a link:

>> </a>
>
> an automated link (when no reference is given) sounds ok

Also here I’d use an unique note ID as anchor.

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net
http://wiki.contextgarden.net