[NTG-context] Formatting bibliographic inline references and publications list

Jörg Weger joerg73.muc at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 19 18:39:43 CET 2015

Hello again,

After looking once more for all files within ConTeXt with “apa” in their
name, I found out that I can start to write my own citation style by
changing things in the file
“~/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/bib/bibl-apa.tex”. It’s not as
convenient as I had described in my previous post, but not to far from
that and I think I will manage to get everything working. Anyway it is
much easier for me than learning to edit XML in CSL files which I looked
at today.

What I still do not understand: How can I make the edited file work as
an alternative style to APA in \setuppublications in my environment? I
tried to rename the file to “bibl-abc.tex“ and change \setuppublications
in my ConTeXt environment to \setuppublications[alternative=abc] but
that did not work. Do I have to rename something else? And supposed I
have succeeded to create my own style, will those selfmade style files
survive an update?

And what are that localized files for like “bibl-apa-de.tex”,
“bibl-apa-fr.tex” etc.? They seem to be older than “bibl-apa.tex”.

\Greetings

Jörg