[NTG-context] Formatting bibliographic inline references and publications list

Jörg Weger joerg73.muc at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 16 06:08:36 CET 2015

Hello everybody,

I am rather new to ConTeXt and I am momentarily stuck with the following:

How can I further format the way an inline reference and a bibliographic
reference in the publications list are displayed? For example I would
like to display the author(s) in spaced-out small caps (I am using the
“letterspace” module). The year should be in oldstyle numbers both in
the inline reference and in the publications list. An inline-reference
should like this (simulated without BibTeX, letterspacing slightly
exaggerated):

% ====== MWE ===============================

\usemodule[t][letterspace]
\defineletterspace [LSsmcp]
\setupletterspace [LSsmcp][factor=.08, spaceskip=.4em, suppresskern=no,]

\starttext

\input knuth ({\LSsmcp {\sc Knuth}} {\os 1991})

\input zapf

\stoptext

I have defaulted oldstyle numbers my environment but I would like to get
the the small caps working for the author(s) name(s).

I messed around with \setuppublications and \setupcite without success.
Is there a way to invoke such formatting in those setups?

Greetings

Joerg