[NTG-context] context -> docx ??

Marcin Borkowski mbork at wmi.amu.edu.pl
Wed Jan 14 21:50:06 CET 2015

On 2015-01-14, at 18:55, Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau at cea.fr> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jan 2015 22:34:21 +0100
> Marcin Borkowski <mbork at wmi.amu.edu.pl> wrote:
>
>> While I /do/ understand you (it's the same with me, only that I'm more
>> comfortable with LaTeX), have you considered Org-mode?  It's
>> similar to markdown (though better IMHO), but it comes with great
>> support in Emacs.  And you get export to odt "for free".  (Also to
>> LaTeX, though unfortunately not to ConTeXt; OTOH, writing a ConTeXt
>> exporter should be fairly easy, and a simple exporter could be done in
>> a few days - the framework for writing exporters to different formats
>> is very well done.  Incidentally, there's also a Markdown exporter,
>> so you could probably get to ConTeXt via markdown).
>
> Org-mode does not simply come with great support in Emacs, it is
> essentially an emacs module I believe.

Yes.  But Org is _also_ a file format, very similar to markdown (only
better).  You might write Org files in Vim and fire Emacs from the
command line to export them to HTML, for instance.  (Not that it would
be a particularly great idea, but definitely possible.)  So Org (the
format) has great support in Emacs Org-mode (an Emacs major mode).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University