[NTG-context] What happened to the ePub script?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 13 10:58:47 CET 2015

On 1/13/2015 7:45 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
> with the latest betas, the ePub script doesn’t work anymore.
> Regardless with which file I call it, I get only:

the whole generation of epub was cleanup up (already a while ago)

> $ mtxrun --script mtx-epub --make solo
>
> resolvers       | caching | skipping 'files' for 'home:texmf' from '/Users/hraban/Library/texmf/tex/texmf-cache/luatex-cache/context/5fe67e0bfe781ce0dde776fb1556f32e/trees/54be04d87dd160089f572b19cb5c97e9' (version mismatch)
> mtx-epub        | unknown specificaton file for 'solo'
>

> Previously, you didn’t need to call it with any specification file, but only with a plain ConTeXt file like
>

> \setupbackend[
> 	export=export.xml,xhtml=yes,
> ]
> \setupexport[
> 	firstpage={koe.png},
> ]
> \settaggedmetadata[
> 	author={Hraban},
> ]
>

> \starttext
>
> \startchapter[title={Chapter One}]
>
> \startsection[title={Section One}]
>
> \input tufte
>
> \stopsection
>
> \startsection[title={Section Two}]
>
> \input knuth
>
> \externalfigure[koe][width=\textwidth]
>
> \stopsection
>
> \stopchapter
>
> \stoptext
>

> An export.specification file was previously created by the script, I don’t know (anymore) for what. Calling the script with one of those also doesn’t do anything.

just use:

\setupbackend[export=yes]

all happens in dedicated sub directories now

<jobname>-export
<jobname>-epub

also, there have been some changes in the output (more detail in
sectioning and so i.e. chains and levels) ... just look at the files
produced

there is also div based output