[NTG-context] Delayed page layout change?

David Brooks dave at bcs.co.nz
Sun Jan 11 00:36:59 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm new to ConTeXt (although have used LaTeX in various ways over a long
time) and am impressed! Many thanks for a great system.

I'm wanting some pages in a book to have a different layout to others,
and am using \definelayout and \setuplayout to do so. This all works,
including adding layers to the different layouts. However the layout
change (specified by \setuplayout) occurs immediately after the command
is given, which means following paragraphs on the page have the layout's
new width and not the width used for earlier text on the page: i.e:

+            +
    xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxx
<-- \setuplayout
    xxxxx
    xxxxx
+            +
+            +
    xxxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxx
xxxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxx

Is there anyway to defer the change in layout so that it occurs when the
and give \setuplayout immediately afterwards, but this doesn't allow for
paragraph text to flow over the page boundary.

Thank you.

David Brooks