[NTG-context] The \ConTeXt macro and sans serif fonts

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Jan 10 18:28:59 CET 2015

I want to use the \ConTeXt macro (so the colofon says \ConTeXt was used), but I'm using the Optima font. The result is pretty ugly. With a standard serif font that looks OK, as the n of Con would touch the serif of the upper side of the T if moved more to the right

but with a sans serif font, a 'hole' exists between Con and TeXt:

Is it OK to define my own \ConTeXt so that the kerning is more pleasing?

PS. I'm obviously close to finsihing the book if this is what I worry about.