[NTG-context] how to (re)set section numbers

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 1 21:22:07 CET 2015

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 20:48:48 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

> You need
>    \setuphead[subject][incrementnumber=list]
> because when you write „incrementnumber=yes” you tell context to
> increment the counter for \subject
> which uses by default the \section counter.

I see. thanks a lot. I took my 'wisdom' from
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Table_of_Contents#Including_unnumbered_heads_in_the_ToC
which seems somewhat deficient. I'd try to augment that section. anyway,
there seems no documentation of what `incrementnumber=list' is doing?
is it only there to lead to listing/inclusion of the respective section
type in the ToC?

although you've solved my present problem perfectly: _is_ there a way to
reset the (sub)section counters (or to set them to prescribed values)?

joerg