[NTG-context] how to (re)set section numbers

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 1 20:16:47 CET 2015

On Thu, 01 Jan 2015 20:00:00 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am 30.12.2014 um 20:01 schrieb j. van den hoff
>> <veedeehjay at googlemail.com>:
>>
>> I have followed the recommendations how to include unnumbered sections
>> in the table-of-content along
>> the lines
>>
>> \setuphead[subject]
>>     [incrementnumber=yes,number=no]
>>

>> etc.
>> this works OK if the unnumbered sections are at the end of the
>> document. otherwise the enumeration of the actually
>> (visibly) numbered sections is messed up (i.e. if a `subject' section
>> goes, e.g. _before_ all actually enumerated
>> sections, there counters are off by one).
>>
>> question: what is the best way of (re)setting the section counters?
>> i.e. if the doucment structure is, e.g.,
>>
>> \subject
>> \section
>> \subsection
>> \section
>> \subject
>>
>> I'd like to end up with the ToC containing entries for all subjects and
>> sections but the numbered sections should occur (in ToC and document)
>> as 1, 1.1, 2 rather than 2 2.1, 3 (in this example). I was not able to
>> find a solution in the documenation/wiki.
>
> Can you send a *working* minimal example.

yes, of course (I presumed this to be not necessary here):

\setuphead[subject]
    [incrementnumber=yes, number=no]
    \setuplist[section][width=1.5em]
    \setuplist[subsection][width=2.25em, margin=1.5em] %`margin' determines
alignment
    \setuplist[subject][margin=1.5em]
\setupcombinedlist[content]
[list={chapter,section,subsection,subject,subsubject}]
\starttext
\completecontent
\subject{this subject messes up the further enumeration of numbered
sections}
bla
\section{this should be sec. 1}
bla
\subsection{this should be subsec. 1.1}
bla
\section{this should be sec. 2}
bla
\subject{this subject does no harm...}
bla
\stoptext

In my real life example the first `subject', e.g., contains a Glossary of
abbreviations and I want to start the actual enumeration with the body
text proper (Introduction and onwards), while still listing the glossary
in the ToC. and I did not find any other (general) solution in the docs,
how to include unnumbered sections in the ToC...

thx, joerg