[NTG-context] Using Euler with simplefonts

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 15:52:53 CET 2015

> Am 01.01.2015 um 15:42 schrieb Kumar Appaiah <a.kumar at alumni.iitm.ac.in>:
>
> On Thu, Jan 01, 2015 at 08:58:11AM -0500, John Kitzmiller wrote:
>> On Jan 1, 2015, at 6:00 AM, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to use the simplefonts approach to get Euler for math,
>>> along with TeX Gyre fonts for text.
>>

>> Here is setup magic from Hans and Aditya from August 2013:
>>

>> \usetypescriptfile[euler]
>> \starttypescript[myfamily]
>> \definetypeface[myfamily][rm][serif][pagella][default]
>> \definetypeface[myfamily][ss][sans] [dejavu][default]
>> \definetypeface[myfamily][tt][mono] [inconsolata][default]
>> \definetypeface[myfamily][mm][math] [pagellaovereuler][default]
>> \stoptypescript
>>
>> \usetypescript[myfamily]
>> \setupbodyfont[myfamily]
>> \appendtoks \rm \to \everymathematics
>> \setupmathematics
>> [lcgreek=normal, ucgreek=normal]
>>

>> One can change the families, e.g. schola for pagella, etc., but I think the  last [pagellaovereuler] and the rest has to stay.
>
> Sadly, I get this:
>
> INPUT FILE
> ==========
> \starttypescript[myfamily]
> \definetypeface[myfamily][rm][serif][pagella][default]
> \definetypeface[myfamily][ss][sans] [dejavu][default]
> \definetypeface[myfamily][tt][mono] [inconsolata][default]
> \definetypeface[myfamily][mm][math] [pagellaovereuler][default]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \usetypescript[myfamily]
> \setupbodyfont[myfamily]
> \appendtoks \rm \to \everymathematics
> \setupmathematics
> [lcgreek=normal, ucgreek=normal]
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
> x = y + z
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
>
> ERROR OUTPUT
> ============
> tex error       > error on line 18 in file /tmp/test.tex: ! Math
> error: parameter \Umathquad\displaystyle is not set
>

> \stopdisplaymath ...math \Ucheckedstopdisplaymath
>                                                  \par \ifvmode
>                                                  \ifcase \c_s...
> \strc_formulas_stop_formula ...native \v!formula }
>                                                  \dostoptagged
>                                                  \dostoptagge...
> l.18 \stopformula
>

> 8
> 9     \usetypescript[myfamily]
> 10     \setupbodyfont[myfamily]
> 11     \appendtoks \rm \to \everymathematics
> 12     \setupmathematics
> 13      [lcgreek=normal, ucgreek=normal]
> 14
> 15     \starttext
> 16     \startformula
> 17     x = y + z
> 18 >>  \stopformula
> 19     \stoptext
> 20
>
> What am I missing here?

You don’t have the opentype version [1] of the euler math font on your
system which is needed when you either the \definefontfamily command
or the pagellaovereuler typescript.

When you install the font on your system you can use it as shown
in the following example.

\definefontfamily [myfamily] [serif] [Linux Libertine O]
\definefontfamily [myfamily] [math]  [Neo Euler]

\setupbodyfont [myfamily]

\starttext
\m{c^2 = a^2 + b^2}
\stoptext