[NTG-context] fluctuating baseline of header text

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat Dec 27 10:40:30 CET 2014

On 12/26/2014 11:32 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:
> [...]
> in this example (and with this font) the problem is only occuring when
> toggling between pages 6/7 or 7/8 (at sufficient zoom it's easy to see),
> i.e.the header is shifted downward on page 7. in other docs with different
> fonts it happens across multiple pages. my guess would be it has to
> do with the digit heights in the different fonts and the fact that the
> page numbers are much larger than the heading, but that's only a guess.
>
> can someone confirm the problem?

Hi Jörg,

this sample shows the issue without zooming:

    \setuppapersize[A8]
    \setupheader      [style=\itx\ss]
    \setupheadertexts [section]
    \setuppagenumbering[location={header,margin}, style=\bfd]
    \starttext
    \dorecurse{80}{\section{Introduction}
    bla\page[yes]}
    \stoptext

When the glyph 7 is involved in page number, baseline is a bit lower. As
you wrote, I guess this is related with the glyph metrics.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk