[NTG-context] Loading modules (was: access to system fonts under MacOSX)

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 23 14:15:42 CET 2014

On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 22:35:43 +0100, Wolfgang Schuster
<schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am 22.12.2014 um 00:12 schrieb j. van den hoff
>> <veedeehjay at googlemail.com>:
>>
>> OK, I've just installed the standalone version and adjusted my search
>> path. now the very same document does no longer compile. I get the
>> error:
>>
>> 8<---------------------------
>> ! Undefined control sequence
>>
>> <recently read> \doctitle
>>
>> l.106    \doctitle
>> 8<---------------------------
>> where `doctitle' is defined in a small bare bones module (co-existing
>> in the same dir as the doc) for setting up a title page. I guess I'm
>> hitting some (context-) searchpath issue here that already is taken
>> care of in the texlive distro? any help'd be appreciated.
>
> I guess you load the file with your definitions with the \usemodule
> command.

correct.

> There has been a change a while ago and context expects now a prefix
> when you load a module (e.g. p-<myfile>.tex) and when you add now the
> prefix to your file context will be able to load it. Another solution is
> to add
>
>     \enabledirectives[modules.permitunprefixed]
>
> before the \usemodule command in your document, the command
> above tells context to also look for modules without a prefix as last
> resort.

yes, this one did the trick. thanks a lot. regarding the prefix
handling/recognition, I don't
quite get it (_what_ is considered a prefix, e.g. is there a canonical
prefix separator etc. or where do I define
the prefix?). I'll try to hunt for it on contextgarden. if you do have a
pointer, though,
that'd be nice.

in any casse, many thanks for sorting this one out.