[NTG-context] [fontloader] node injector / december 3 sync

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Dec 14 16:21:17 CET 2014

On 12/14/2014 2:45 PM, Philipp Gesang wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> from the huge changeset two weeks ago:
>
>       +texio.write_nl("The font code has been brought in sync with the context version of 2014.12.01 so")
>       +texio.write_nl("if things don't work out as expected the interfacing needs to be checked. When")
>
> -- Message received ;) First off, thanks for bringing the
> fontloader into sync again. So far I haven’t noticed any
> obviously broken features.
>
> However, something is off with the node injector. We have a bug
> reported by Hironori Kitagawa that occurs with the ``palt``
> feature in node mode:
>
>      http://tug.org/pipermail/luatex/2014-November/004976.html
>
> Importing the shiny new font injector into the merged fontloader
> fixes the issue. FWIW here are test files
>
>      https://bitbucket.org/phg/lua-la-tex-tests/src/tip/cnt-features-12-palt.tex
>      https://bitbucket.org/phg/lua-la-tex-tests/src/tip/pln-features-12-palt.tex
>
> The Context version runs fine whereas the plain one does so only
> after my “fix”. The same is true for Context itself: replace
> font-inj.lua with node-inj.lua in the format to reproduce the
> issue. Is there a fix to the fontloader, perhaps only temporarily
> until the revised injector becomes ready?

not really as the new injector does more ... also, the new code is kind
of beta so it might not be a good idea to use that in latex already ...
i'm still working on some issues with disc nodes and fonts that have
ligatures that are not ligatures

so, i'd first like to do more tests here; of course you can use the new
injector if you want ... (i'm not touching generic now while messing
with the context variant)