[NTG-context] Ctx & XML

Procházka Lukáš Ing. - Pontex s. r. o. LPr at pontex.cz
Thu Dec 11 08:33:24 CET 2014

Hello,

On Thu, 11 Dec 2014 02:24:24 +0100, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 12/10/2014 11:08 PM, Lukáš Procházka wrote:
>
> I assume that you also want the content of elements, not just the
> attributes.

Yes...

>> Or how to achieve this in a best way under Ctx: XML file -> Lua table/tree?
>
> It all depends on what kin dof table you want (if the content is an
> indexed table and attributes keys then you have the problem that the
> element cannot be a key too as it can clash) .. anyway, it's no big deal
> to provide a stupid table, so I can provide something because after all
> the loaded xml file is a table already.

It would be great.

> local x = xml.load("file.xml")
>
> local t = xml.totable(x)
>
> where x is an index/hash mix plus _tag, _type and _namespace fields as
> well (after all I assume that you need to know that too).
>
> (btw, I bet that you can do what you want with the existing
> functionality as well, so there is not much benefit in such a table)
>
> Probably in the next upload,

... Means - some functionality (for me to test or to play with) might be available tomorrow morning?

> Hans

BTW, I prepared a really-simple-XML-test which shows XML -> Lua table/tree conversion, which I'd like to achieve (and which (approx.) provides LuaXml lib).

---- XML
<a aaa="AAA">
   <b bbb="B1"/>
   <b bbb="B2">