[NTG-context] equivalent to \newcommand{...}{\ensuremath{...}}

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Dec 9 14:30:50 CET 2014

On 12/9/2014 1:36 PM, j. van den hoff wrote:

> since I'm really new to `context': are there any potential problems with
> inserting white space in `\define' lines like `\define \Foo {
> \mathematics{f(x)} }' which I might miss? `context' seems to ignore them
> and they don't creep into the formatted output AFAICS (which is good).

in math mode spaces don't matter much

in definitions you can do this:

\starttexdefinition foo
\stoptexdefinition

and get 'foo'

\starttexdefinition foo
\starttexdefinition unexanded foo
\starttexdefinition foo #1#2
\starttexdefinition unexpanded foo #1#2

in a mkvi document you can also say:

\starttexdefinition foo #first#second
\starttexdefinition unexpanded foo #first#second