[NTG-context] two issues with new hyphenator

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Dec 6 13:09:09 CET 2014

On 12/6/2014 12:40 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> On 12/06/2014 12:20 AM, Hans Hagen wrote:
>> On 12/5/2014 8:11 PM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
>>> I’m afraid that I get a zero in the next line after the underscore.
>>
>> i'll fix it
>
> Many thanks for the fix, Hans.
>
>>> BTW, in your sample below, how can I get the underscore under the
>>> previous character? (Otherwise, the underscore has no use.)
>>
>> Hm, that was the idea of the example i sent earlier.
>
> Excuse me, if I’m plainly mistaken, but from what I understand from the
> sample below, I’m afraid I cannot find the code to get the underscore
> under the previous character.

\startluacode

     local function addfunnyhyphen(tfmdata)
         local exheight = tfmdata.parameters.xheight
         local emwidth  = tfmdata.parameters.quad
         local width    = emwidth
         local height   = exheight / 10
         local depth    = exheight / 2
         tfmdata.characters[0xFE000]   = {
             width    = 0,
             height   = 0,
             depth    = 0,
             commands = {
                 { "right", -width },
                 { "down", depth },
                 { "rule", height, width },
             }
         }
     end

     fonts.constructors.newfeatures("otf").register {
         name        = "funnyhyphen",
         description = "funny hyphen",
         manipulators = {
             base = addfunnyhyphen,
             node = addfunnyhyphen,
         }
     }

\stopluacode

\definefontfeature[default][default][funnyhyphen=yes]

\starttext

     \prehyphenchar"FE000

     \hsize 1mm

     averylongword