[NTG-context] drops: arbitrary path examples

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Thu Nov 27 17:49:22 CET 2014

Am 26.11.2014 um 20:17 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 11/26/2014 7:56 PM, Peter Rolf wrote:
>
>> A 2-3 years old PC should be able to handle the examples in acceptable
>> time (judging from my hardware). But not only hardware power is needed,
>> the software can be crucial too.
>
> Indeed sumatra (mupdf) views them fast and I think also in good quality.
> Memory consumption is quite ok and fits into the 4 gig limits of 32 bit
> os's. (I use sumatra when possible, also on linux (wine)).
>
> Acrobat also views ok but memory will jump a few gig so it might be a
> virtual memory issue at your end. Indeed Acrobat Reader and Pro X are
> way slower (I have no newer acrobat than x to test).

Thanks for taking the time :-)

So the problem must be somewhere in my Acrobat installation. I already
started a repair installation, but no change. Maybe it's time for a
fresh installation, where I can test a 'auto update' batch file.
Otherwise 24 patches [1.5G], which is totally insane.

> Very nice drawings.

Thanks!

Peter