[NTG-context] Reference text differing from title

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 17:17:45 CET 2014

> Am 24.11.2014 um 14:00 schrieb Christoph Reller <christoph.reller at gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to change the text shown in \about[...] to be something else than the text given to the titel key of \startsection?
>
> \starttext
> \startsection[
>   title={Very Long},
> %  referencetext={Short}, % <- is there something like this?
>   reference=mysec]
>   We are now in \about[mysec]. % <- should render as "Short"
> \stopsection
> \stoptext
>
> I have tried the following, but it introduces vertical white space:
>
> \starttext
> \startsection[title={Very Long}]
>   \reference[mysec]{Short} %<- introduces white space
>   We are now in \about[mysec].
> \stopsection
> \stoptext
>
> Thank you for any help,

You can use the selector mechanism to set multiple texts for the title.

\defineselector[chaptertitle][max=2,n=2]

\setuplist[chapter][textcommand={\setupselector[chaptertitle][n=1]}]
\setuphead[chapter][textcommand={\setupselector[chaptertitle][n=1]}]

\starttext

\completecontent

\startchapter[reference=sec:short,title=\select{chaptertitle}{Long title for the chapter}{Short title}]

\input knuth

\about[sec:short]

\stopchapter

\stoptext