[NTG-context] prime accent not behaving properly

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Nov 25 14:43:59 CET 2014

On 11/25/2014 1:39 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The "prime" accent (a') doesn't work properly in ConTeXt MKIV.
>
> I'm not sure when this became a problem, but it behaves differently in
> TL 2014 as it does in the latest ConTeXt. And it behaved differently
> on 9th November as is the version from 17th November. (In TL 2014 the
> two example below produce accents of different sizes.)
>
> Minimal example:
>
> \starttext
> \startformula
> s_i' s'_i s_i^2 s^2_i
> \stopformula
> \stoptext
>
> The first two symbols should look the same, but they don't. They
> should also be treated in the same way as "^2". With ConTeXt from 17th
> November the second example (s'_i) seems to behave OK (it was wrong in
> the version of 9th November), but the first example is still wrong.

These primes are such a mess:

- old conventions
- inconsistent symbols between text/script/script font (also between
old, new and different math fonts)
- using an accent instead of a symbol
- the need to collapse 2/3 primes
- it not being a superscript

I'll send you a file to test ... which of course might break other prime
cases.

> Should I switch back to MKII? ;)

YES!