[NTG-context] typeface replacement (font fallback)

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Tue Nov 18 18:02:45 CET 2014

Dear list,

I have a ConTeXt document that I need to compile in different Windows
computers.

Some computers are provided with the Gill Sans MT typeface. The rest are
provided with the GillSans typeface.

Only one source document should exist (it’s actually a template that
merges data).

The font family substitution could be written as a fallback mechanism:

\definefallbackfamily [mainface] [serif] [GillSans]
\definefontfamily     [mainface] [serif] [Gill Sans MT]

Of course I could set range to something like:

   {basiclatin, latinextendeda, latinextendedadditional,
   latinextendedb, latinextendedc, latinextendedd, latinsupplement,
   letterlikesymbols}

Is there a more elegant way of doing this?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk