[NTG-context] \xmlinlineverbatim and \xmldisplayverbatim

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Sat Nov 15 12:56:34 CET 2014

Dear list,

I’m totally new to processing XML with MkIV. I have read some examples
and documents from Thomas. And I have started  “Dealing with XML in
ConTeXt MkIV” from Hans.

>From the documentation, one could state that the (X)HTML tags <code> and
<pre> are to be handled with \xmlinlineverbatim and \xmldisplayverbatim.

Well, this works fine (although with an undersired output):

\startxmlsetups xml:code
    \xmldisplayverbatim{#1}
\stopxmlsetups

But replacing \xmldisplayverbatim with \xmlinlineverbatim gives an
error. According to the information from
http://pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/xml-mkiv.pdf#page=19, it should work.

What am I doing wrong here?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo

XML file:

    <code>code</code>

Environment file:

    \startxmlsetups xml:test
        \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}{*}{-}
        \xmlsetsetup{\xmldocument}{code|}{xml:*}
    \stopxmlsetups

    \xmlregistersetup{xml:test}

    \startxmlsetups xml:code
        \xmlinlineerbatim{#1}