[NTG-context] position of qed symbol in proofs

Otared Kavian otared at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 17:43:47 CET 2014

Hi Mikael,

In my files I have the following which used to work, but it doesn’t work as expected anymore, as you point out

\defineenumeration[proof][text=Proof.]

\setupenumeration[proof]
	[number=no,
	closesymbol=\mathematics{\square},
	closecommand=\ifmmode\eqno\else\wordright\fi]

\starttext
\startproof
This is a simple proof.
\stopproof

\startproof
This is another simple proof that ends with a formula
\startformula
1+1=2.
\stopformula
\stopproof
\stoptext

I don’t know when the change occurred, but at least it worked last year (which for ConTeXt means pregistoric times… :—).
As a temporary hack one can always say:
\startformula
1+1=2. \eqno{\square}
\stopformula