[NTG-context] ConTeXt gobble my mind

Pierre-Fran├žois Bonnefoi bonnefoi at unilim.fr
Thu Nov 6 13:59:50 CET 2014

Hello Wolfgang and Luigi,

My example lines are too small to fully understand the purpose of using the gobbleinput instruction :
I have made some slides for my students that I can choose or not ton include in the final presentation :

\skipSlide
\startSlide
	bla bla bla
	\startyping
		language C code
	\stoptyping
	bla bla bla
\stopSlide

I've made some macros to include or not a slide according to its number given into a list or by just putting before the macro \skipSlide.
This is very useful as I have students of different levels.

The gobbleinput solution is the best solution : I can activate or not a slide according to my audience.

If I use the buffer solution, I'll not be able to deactivate the whole slide containing the typing region.

From my understanding, I've used the gobbleinput command as in shell :
cat << EOF
one
two
three
EOF

And now, I've ran into this problem.

On 06 Nov 2014, at 13:12, Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Am 06.11.2014 um 10:35 schrieb Pierre-Fran├žois Bonnefoi <bonnefoi at unilim.fr>:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've made a lot of improvement to my slides format for my teaching material and I've run into a serious issue with gobbleinput that I can express with with simple lines :
>>
>> \starttext
>> \gobbleuntil\stoptyping
>> \starttyping
>> 	{ printf("%d", data); }
>> \stoptyping
>> This is ignored !
>> \stoptext
>>
>> How can I use correctly gobbleinput to make it works ?
>
> Replace the typing environment with normal buffers and use the \typebuffer command to print the content of the buffer.
>
> \starttext
>
> \startbuffer
> 	{ printf("%d", data); }
> \stopbuffer
> %\typebuffer
> This is ignored !
>
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Bonnefoi Pierre-Francois                |    E-mail : bonnefoi at unilim.fr http://libpfb.so/
Universite de Limoges, Laboratoire XLIM |       Tel : 06 28 18 03 38
123 av Albert Thomas                    |  Mrs. Peel, we're needed...
87060 Limoges CEDEX - FRANCE            |                 The Avengers.