[NTG-context] Problem with PDF bookmarks (outline)

Michał Goliński golinski at amu.edu.pl
Wed Nov 5 10:34:05 CET 2014


W dniu 2014-11-04 20:00, Robert Blackstone napisał(a):
> On 4 Nov 2014, at 15:27 , Michał Goliński <golinski at amu.edu.pl>  wrote
>> 
>> A few weeks back I've asked here about the structure of titles, as the
>> PDF bookmarks didn't work for me. I was given a solution, which should
>> work, but unfortunately it doesn't. I don't know if this is a bug or 
>> is
>> this expected behaviour.
>> 
>> For the file:
>> 
>> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>> \placebookmarks[part,chapter,section]
>> \setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
>> \starttext
>> \placecontent
>> 
>> \startfrontmatter
>>  \startchapter[title=Prologue]
>>  \input knuth
>>  \stopchapter
>> \stopfrontmatter
>> 
>> \startpart[title={Part A}]
>>   \startchapter[title=One]
>>   \input knuth
>>   \stopchapter
>> \stoppart
>> 
>> \startbackmatter
>>  \startchapter[title=Epilogue]
>>  \input knuth
>>  \stopchapter
>> \stopbackmatter
>> \stoptext
>> 
>> 
>> ConTeXt (Mk IV) generates a PDF file which has only one item in the
>> bookmarks -- the Prologue. The other chapters show up only if the file
>> is changed with
>> 
>> \placebookmarks[chapter,section]
>> 
>> but then of course there is no sign of Part A in the bookmarks.
>> 
>> I would expect the bookmarks to look like this:
>> 
>> Prologue
>> Part A
>>   One
>> Epilogue
> 
> Hi,
> I think it is a  very recent bug. Only the standalone I installed
> today gives the same wrong result that you get.
> My previous standalones, of which the most recent was installed two
> days ago, on  november 2, all give the correct result. That is, the
> bookmarks look OK but Part A starts on empty page 3 (no head) and
> Chapter 1 starts on page 4.
> Is that really what you want?
> 
> 
> Best regards,
> Robert Blackstone

The file I am really trying to compile has also:

\setuphead[part][placehead=yes]

I've stripped that when making an MWE as it doesn't change the behaviour 
of the bookmarks.

I am quite sure, that the problem was in beta much older than few days 
(although I do not update daily, so it might have been ok in between). 
The behaviour is the same in TeXLive 2014.



Tangentially related problem. The table of contents in the file differs 
between the two versions (beta and TeXLive), in TeXLive I get:

Prologue
1 Part A
1.1 One
Epilogue

and in beta with the same file I get only:

1 Part A
1.1 One

Regards
Michał


More information about the ntg-context mailing list