[NTG-context] Problem with PDF bookmarks (outline)

Michał Goliński golinski at amu.edu.pl
Tue Nov 4 13:29:19 CET 2014

A few weeks back I've asked here about the structure of titles, as the
PDF bookmarks didn't work for me. I was given a solution, which should
work, but unfortunately it doesn't. I don't know if this is a bug or is
this expected behaviour.

For the file:

\setupinteraction[state=start]
\placebookmarks[part,chapter,section]
\setupinteractionscreen[option=bookmark]
\starttext
\placecontent

\startfrontmatter
  \startchapter[title=Prologue]
  \input knuth
  \stopchapter
\stopfrontmatter

\startpart[title={Part A}]
   \startchapter[title=One]
   \input knuth
   \stopchapter
\stoppart

\startbackmatter
  \startchapter[title=Epilogue]
  \input knuth
  \stopchapter
\stopbackmatter
\stoptext

ConTeXt (Mk IV) generates a PDF file which has only one item in the
bookmarks -- the Prologue. The other chapters show up only if the file
is changed with

\placebookmarks[chapter,section]

but then of course there is no sign of Part A in the bookmarks.

I would expect the bookmarks to look like this:

Prologue
Part A
   One
Epilogue