[NTG-context] OT: of interest for inter-European travel

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Mon Nov 3 10:01:16 CET 2014

On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 18:05:44 +0100
Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> I can understand it for the Netherlands as they cannot get their high
> speed tracks and trains up and running (instead of outsourcing in
> europe they should have hired Japanese companies instead).
>
> (A few days ago I passed by train the tracks where these
> non-functional italian high speed trains are stalled ... overpainted
> by graffity in the meantime. It's always fun to drive by car along
> the dedicated expensive track for container-trains ... that track
> kind of stops at the german border.)

We are talking about "traditional" overnight trains, not high-speed
trains. But it is indeed investment in high-speed trains that is
killing lower-cost, traditional rail.

> ps. Texies travel to BT by bus.

I know, I tried seeing about getting there by train and concluded that
it was faster and cheaper to carpool with Taco, driving first to the
Netherlands!

Alan