[NTG-context] \placetable whitespace problem in columnset

Bryor Snefjella bryorsnef at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 20:31:41 CET 2014

I have a document using columnsets to place tables near an entry in a long
list of sorts. The problem is that wherever I issue a \placetable
\placefigure etc command, I get unwanted extra whitespace between entries
where the command is issued. I have tried changing the parameters in
\setupfloats, but haven't found a setting that works.

I'm using the context version distributed with the latest texlive.

You can see the extra whitespace between entry Q and R in this example.

\definecolumnset[TwoColumns][n=2,distance=0.04\makeupwidth]

\setupindenting[yes, small]

\setupfloats[before=,after=]

\definedescription

[MyEntry][alternative=serried,width=fit,before=\indentation,indenting=yes]

 \unexpanded\def\MyCommand#1#2#3%

{\startMyEntry{\bi#2:}#3\stopMyEntry}

 \definesorting[My][Mys]

\starttext

\startcolumnset[TwoColumns]

\definecolumnsethsize{TwoColumns}{1}{1}\One

\startbuffer

\placetable[lrtb][tab:mytable]{My Table}{

\bTABLE[option=stretch,textwidth=\One,align=middle]

\bTR\bTH Foo \eTH\bTH Bar \eTH\eTR

\bTR\bTD Bar \eTD\bTD Foo \eTD\eTR

\bTR\bTD Foo \eTD\bTD Bar \eTD\eTR

\eTABLE}

\stopbuffer

\My[Q]{\input knuth\getbuffer}

\My[R]{\input knuth}

\My[C]{\input knuth}

\My[A]{\input knuth}

\placelistofsorts[My][criterium=all,command=\MyCommand]

\stopcolumnset