[NTG-context] \startitem and \startparagraph

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Fri Oct 17 03:02:37 CEST 2014

What is the proper way to delimit paragraphs within an itemized list
using \start..\stop tagging (as for epub and such)? When I wrap
paragraphs with \startparagraph..\stopparagraph within the
\startitem..\stopitem, there is an unwanted newline inserted between the
bullet and the item text.

Or, is it not recommend to wrap paragraphs that are in enumerations?

I ask because http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Epub_Sample suggests “Make
sure to tag all your structural elements with \start...-\stop..., e.g.
\startchapter, but even \startparagraph!” I also note the appearance of
\startcontent..\stopcontent and \stopcaption..\startcaption and such,
suggesting to me that semantic tagging may be a useful thing to add to
new documents in order to support new output formats.

    \starttext
    \startitemize
       \startitem
         \startparagraph