[NTG-context] Structure of titles in MkIV

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Oct 16 13:25:17 CEST 2014

On 10/16/2014 11:32 AM, Keith J. Schultz wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> In a way I agree one can live without the added syntax and semantic
> error reporting, But, as you say you have been using it for ten years.
> All are not that lucky. Then there are those beginners that simply have
> no idea what is going on. Because they do not know ConTeXt, TeX, or LaTeX, etc.
> This problem is more severe due to the fact that IMHO the documentation for
> ConTeXt does not state many things!
>
> Error checking should not be given up for performance sake!
> That is not good practice. If one can not wait a minute longer
> for a 500 page document, somebody has to learn to chill down.

well, i can't wait a minute longer

anyway, as there are many ways to invalidate structure the amount of
checking would not only become enourmous but also make the code pretty
much unreadable

also, having chapters outside parts can happen ... you really don't know
how often i have to write styles that violate all principles of
structuring (including consistent font usage)