[NTG-context] Slanted, double-quoted quotations

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 23:06:41 CEST 2014

Am 15.10.2014 um 21:03 schrieb Rik Kabel <context at rik.users.panix.com>:

> I am not sure I understand the need for symstyle and symcolor. The issue is not that the symbols are not styled/colored, but that they do not appear at all when a non-normal style is specified. What I see with the example I posted is:
> <hacaddjd.png>
> and I assume that Sander saw a similar issue.
>
> Note that there are no square brackets present as defined for layer 2.
>
> I realize that style=normal for level 3 should perhaps be style=\tf, since normal is redefined to slanted within the scope of layer 2. With that change to my example, I get
> <fageaehi.png>
> This still has the lack of square brackets, and now in addition lacks curly braces for level 3.
>
> If your fix is meant to repair that, all is well. If not, could you explain why “it's deliberate and has always been the case in mkiv”?

When you use “location=text” context checks the value of the style key, when the value of the key is “normal”
the left and right arguments are used but when you use a different value (e.g. slanted) context applies only
the style and color values.

Another way to create quotation command is to use the annotation module:

\usemodule[annotation]

\defineannotation
  [quotationsl]
  [style=slanted,
   leftsymbol={\symbol[leftquotation]},
   rightsymbol={\symbol[rightquotation]},
   alternative=quotation]

\starttext
    \quotationsl{This should be slanted and double-quoted.}
\stoptext

Wolfgang