[NTG-context] Slanted, double-quoted quotations

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Wed Oct 15 16:58:31 CEST 2014

On 2014-10-15 09:06, Sander Maijers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using beta 2014.09.27. The code below produces a slanted, unquoted
> quotation, whereas I intend to produce a slanted, double-quoted
> quotation. How can I fix it?
>
> \definedelimitedtext[quotationsl][
>   style=slanted,
>   left={\symbol[leftquotation]},
>   right={\symbol[rightquotation]},
>   location=text,
> ]
>
> \setupdelimitedtext[quotationsl][style=slanted,left={\symbol[leftquotation]},right={\symbol[rightquotation]}]
>
> \starttext
>     \quotationsl{This should be slanted and double-quoted.}
> \stoptext
>
> Best,
> Sander Maijers

Looks like a bug.

Modifying the parenthesis example at
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupdelimitedtext demonstrates
that when a style other than normal is specified, the left and right
settings are ignored  and style settings in deeper levels ignored as
well. (There may be other keys that are ignored as well, and others that
set this off.) I tried a number of combinations. The following is one
that shows the problem. Without the style settings, it works as
described in the wiki.

    \definedelimitedtext[parenthesis][location=text]
    \setupdelimitedtext [parenthesis:1] [left={(}, right={)}]
    \setupdelimitedtext [parenthesis:2] [style=slanted, left={[}, right={]}]
    \setupdelimitedtext [parenthesis:3] [style=normal, left={\{},
    right={\}}]
    \starttext
    \parenthesis{My outer layer \parenthesis{my inner layer
    \parenthesis{my innermost layer}}}

rik