[NTG-context] frac and tfrac with sqrt

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Oct 7 09:20:23 CEST 2014

On 10/7/2014 7:33 AM, Mikael P. Sundqvist wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Wolfgang Schuster
> <schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com> wrote:
>> \setupmathradical[alternative=default]
>
> Very good!
>
> Hans, will the default be default in next beta? :)

no, but there will be different settings ... the problem with fractions
and radicals and their mixing is that we have to (somehow) deal with
unpredictable math styles (and esp in radicals there are fuzzy concepts
like 'the surrounding style is used' while inside a different one is
used (all a side effect of parsing first and generating next)

anyway, the next release will have a split setup for display and inline
and (hopefully) work as intended (the major bottleneck is not the
radical but \text and it's kind o ftricky to get both of them okay at
the same time)

and of course we also want the plugins (mp) and coloring and so working