[NTG-context] hyphenating urls and \tex

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Oct 6 00:28:58 CEST 2014

On 10/5/2014 10:58 AM, Pablo Rodriguez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
>      \setuppapersize[A7]
>      \define[1]\url{\useURL[url][#1]\from[url])}
>      \starttext
>      \hsize\zeropoint
>      \tex{thisisthelongestcommandeverseen.com}
>      \url{thisisthelongesturleverseen.com}
>      \stoptext
>
> In a beta from this year a new feature was introduced that enables
> hyphenation in \tex commands.
>
> How could I replace **only for \tex** the hyphenation character with an
> underscore right below the previous character?
>
> How could these hyphenation settings be added to \setupurl _besides the
> ones from \hyphenatedurl_?
>
> Locating the underscore below the previous character has the advantage
> of avoiding the wrong impression that either the TeX command or the url
> contain an underscore.
>
> Manz thanks for your help,

I have no time now to make a real mechanism ... maybe some day

\unexpanded\def\WhateverA#1%
   {\dontleavehmode
    \begingroup
    \prehyphenchar"B7\relax
    \setbox\scratchbox\hbox{\tttf#1}%
    \prehyphenchar`-\relax
    \unhbox\scratchbox
    \endgroup}

\unexpanded\def\WhateverB#1%
   {\dontleavehmode
    \begingroup
    \tttf
    \prehyphenchar\minusone
  % \localrightbox{\llap{_}}%
    \localrightbox{\llap{\smash{\lower1.5ex\hbox{\char"2192}}}}%
    \setbox\scratchbox\hbox{#1}%
    \prehyphenchar`-\relax
    \unhbox\scratchbox
    \endgroup}

\starttext
     \begingroup \hsize1cm
     \WhateverA{thisisaboringandverylongcommand}\par
     \WhateverB{thisisaboringandverylongcommand}\par
     \endgroup