[NTG-context] Combining "outer" effect with filled glyphs

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Sep 30 11:52:09 CEST 2014

On 9/30/2014 11:45 AM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to get red text with black outlines.
>
> The magic in ConTeXt that does the outline is
>      \starteffect[outer] Something \stopeffect
> but I would like to combine normal filled glyphs with an outline.
>
> While I'm able to come up with some magic to do this for single lines
> (creating zero width hboxes etc.), I would really like to typeset a
> complete paragraph on a poster.
>
> Is there any magic that would allow me to do that?

\starttext

\startbuffer[test]
     \input tufte
\stopbuffer

\startoverlay

{\framed[align=normal,foregroundstyle=\bfd,foregroundcolor=blue]{\starteffect[inner]\getbuffer[test]\stopeffect}}
     {\framed[align=normal,foregroundstyle=\bfd,foregroundcolor=red]
{\starteffect[outer]\getbuffer[test]\stopeffect}}
\stopoverlay