[NTG-context] centering a makeup

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:57:29 CEST 2014

Am 14.09.2014 um 17:38 schrieb Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es>:

> Dear list,
>
> I have the following sample:
>
> \definemakeup
>  [custom]
>  [location=middle, width=.5\textwidth]
>
> \starttext
>
>  \startmakeup [custom]
>    \input ward
>  \stopmakeup
>
> \stoptext
>
> How can I center the makeup in the page?
>
> \definemakeup[custom][align=middle] centers the lines, but this is
> something different.
>
> It is not a question of paragraph orientation. It is rather a question
> of placing the makeup in the middle of the page (also horizontally)

You have to change the layout for the page with your makeup environments
and set both margins to the same value. Changing the layout for a makeup
environment is very easy because when you create a new environment
with \definemakup context creates also a new page layout with the same
name which can be changed with the \setuplayout command.

\definemakeup
 [custom]
 [width=.5\textwidth]

\setuplayout