[NTG-context] Separate italic font.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Sep 4 21:42:39 CEST 2014

On Thu, 04 Sep 2014 18:54:30 +0200
Pablo Rodriguez <oinos at gmx.es> wrote:

> On 09/04/2014 05:55 PM, john Culleton wrote:
> > Here is the example from the wiki
> > --------------------------------------
> > \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
> > \usemodule[simplefonts][size=10pt]
> > \setmainfont[TeX Gyre Termes]
> > \setsansfont[TeX Gyre Heros]
> > \setmonofont[TeX Gyre Cursor]
> > ---------------------------------
> > If the font (e.g., MinionPro) has a separate
> > italic font should I add it?
> > If so is the correct command:
> > \setitalicfont[\setupbodyfont[MinionPro-It]
> > ??
>
> John,
>
> \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
> \usemodule[simplefonts][size=10pt]
> \setmainfont[TeX Gyre Termes][italicfont=TeX Gyre Pagella Italic]
>\starttext
> regular \em italics
> \stoptext
>
> I hope it helps,
>

> Pablo

That looks like a solution, thanks.

Now I have a related question. When I run:
mtxrun --script fonts * >foo
The file foo has three columns. We only use the
word in the right hand column with the suffix
stripped off. So what is the purpose of the the
other two columns? for example:

minionproitalic minionproit MinionPro-It.otf

but we only use "MinionPro-It".

Just curious.
--
John Culleton