[NTG-context] hyperlinks with special characters

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Aug 29 21:52:33 CEST 2014

On 8/29/2014 7:48 PM, Prashanth N Rao wrote:
> I have already asked this question on Stackexchange. It appears that no one who has seen the question knows an answer. I figure I'll ask here too, just to cover all bases.
>
> I need to link to some online resources in my PDF file. Based on the official documentation, I have written:
>
>> \useURL[dbdk] [http://dbpedia.org/page/The_Dark_Knight_(film)] [] [it's link to DBPedia]
>>
>> Lorem ipsum \goto{the LinkedMDB.org entry on The Dark Knight}[url(http://data.linkedmdb.org/page/film/6224)], and \from[dbdk] dolor sit amet.
>
> Note my code for the link to DBpedia: I had to write it in this convoluted way, instead of using my preferred \goto, because the link has the special characters, `(` and `)`. These characters interfered with `url()`. I can't use HTML's URL encoding scheme because the `%`s interfere with TeX. Is there another escape code format in ConTeXt for use within `\goto{...}[url(...)]`?

Hm, I can support properly nested () and {} but how about not balanced
... one way out is to support "" and ''

special(operation)
special(operation(whatever))
special(operation{argument,argument{whatever}})
special(operation{argument{whatever}})

special("operation(")
special("operation(whatever")
special(operation{"argument,argument{whatever"})
special(operation{"argument{whatever"})

I'll add that but it needs testing because the ref parser is already
somewhat complex.

> Using the suggestion by @phg, I tried the following:
>
>> \startasciimode
>> Lorem ipsum \goto{the LinkedMDB.org entry on The Dark Knight}[url(http://data.linkedmdb.org/page/film/6224)], and \goto{it's link to DBPedia}[url(http://dbpedia.org/page/The_Dark_Knight_%28film%29)] dolor sit amet.
>> \stopasciimode
> I still had to use escape codes, `%28` and `%29`, to keep it from interfering with url(). It turns out that DBpedia does not like these codes, and requires the actual characters. Is there another way I put them in `\goto{...}[url(...)]`?

you can use: \letterpercent