[NTG-context] issues with footnotes

Pablo Rodriguez oinos at gmx.es
Mon Aug 25 17:51:06 CEST 2014

Dear list,

using beta from	2014-08-21 09:59, I’m trying to generate a document that
has two bodies of notes: footnotes and linenotes.

Since the document isn’t minimal, I include only the notes definitions:

\definenote[dict]
\setupnote[dict][setups=setups:linenote, n=2, rule=off,
split=verystrict, scope=text, inbetween=\hskip1.5em]
\setupnotation[dict][number=no, width=broad]

\definelinenote[grammatical]
\setupnote[grammatical][setups=setups:linenote, rule=off, paragraph=yes,
split=verystrict, scope=text, inbetween=\hskip1.5em, compress=yes]
\setupnotation[grammatical][numbercommand=, alternative=serried,
distance=1em]

The output can be found at http://www.ousia.tk/unbalanced-columns.pdf.

In all four pages, columns in footnotes are unbalanced. Is there any way
to get balanced columns in footnotes?

The second issue is that the columnar footnotes don’t respect space
before and after defined in \setupnote. How can I avoid this? (BTW, this
also happens with the space before when paragraph=yes.)

BTW, if I add the following code to avoid widows and orphans:

\setuplayout[setups=*lessstrict]
\startsetups[*lessstrict]
    \setup[reset]
    \widowpenalty=10000
    \clubpenalty=10000
    \brokenpenalty=0
\stopsetups

The footnotes aren’t displayed in columns at all
(http://www.ousia.tk/no-columns.pdf).

Is there no way that I can avoid widows and orphans for the body text?

Many thanks for your help,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk