[NTG-context] itemize: how to get the first level items indented?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Wed Aug 20 16:07:15 CEST 2014

On 20 Aug 2014, at 01:22, Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 2014, Gerben Wierda wrote:

>>> \setupindenting[yes,medium]
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>>
>>> \input knuth
>>>
>>> \startitemize[margin=standard]
>>
>> Does the margin thing, but incapacitates packed and joinedup, which are ignored if the margin statement is there. So, I get indented items, but at the price of losing joinedup and packed.
>>
>> \setupindenting[yes,medium]
>>
>> \starttext
>> Foo bar bar foo. Foo bar bar foo. Foo bar bar foo.
>> \startitemize[joinedup,packed]
>> \item Foo bar
>> \item Foo bar
>> \stopitemize
>> Foo bar bar foo. Foo bar bar foo. Foo bar bar foo.
>>
>> Foo bar bar foo. Foo bar bar foo. Foo bar bar foo.
>> \startitemize[joinedup,packed,margin=standard]
>
> You need to separate keywords with assignments:
>
> \startitemize[joinedup, packed][margin=standard]

Thanks. I used

\setupitemize[each][margin=standard]

and this works. However, I've noticed that the normal pararaph indent is just a little bit more than the itemize margin. The bullets of the list are not aligned perfectly with the indented line. They are indented slightly less. Anything I can do about that?