[NTG-context] Using TABLE in a definition etc.

Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس سماوي حامد ishamid at colostate.edu
Sun Aug 17 04:42:28 CEST 2014

Dear gang,

I'm trying to setup a definition that uses a natural table and could use
some guru help. Here is what I have so far:

===============
\def\Glyphbox{%
\setupframed[frame=off,align=middle,offfset=none]
\framed{\cbox{
\bTABLE[align=middle]
\bTR \bTD \gulistan#1 \fontchar{#2} \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD #1 \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD #3 \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE
}}
}
==============

Some issues:

1. '#' is probably active and being used in the internals, so of course I
can't directly use it as an argument parameter. How do I work around it?

2. The '#1' at the end of '\gulistan' is meant to complete the name of a
defined font, then that same parameter is used as a name in the next row.
Am I doing this correctly? I.e., can I use an argument parameter to finish
off a command like this? [Yes, my low level TeX is really quite rusty].

3. Once this table is defined correctly it will be used in a larger table,
e.g.

==========
\bTABLE
\bTR \bTD \Glyphbox{}{}{} \eTD \bTD  \Glyphbox{}{}{} \eTD \eTR
\bTR \bTD \Glyphbox{}{}{} \eTD \bTD  \Glyphbox{}{}{} \eTD \eTR
\eTABLE

with arguments appropriately filled.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice, and

Best wishes
Idris
--
Idris Samawi Hamid