[NTG-context] Citation Sort Order

Rik Kabel context at rik.users.panix.com
Mon Aug 11 18:42:43 CEST 2014

On 2014-08-11 01:30, Thangalin wrote:
> Thank you, Rik.
>
> I wanted to list all the bibliography entries (including unreferenced
> citations) with referenced citations ordered chronologically. I
> suppose that would require maintaining two separate bibliography
> files...

If by chronologically, you mean by the order that citations appear in
the document, then you might want something like:

    \setupbibtex[database=sources]
    \setuppublications[
       sorttype=cite,
    ]

    \starttext
       hello world\cite[kattamuri at debate]

       \startbackmatter
    \nocite[zbmath0homomorphic,peng04homomorphic,kattamuri at debate]
         \nocite[delaune at coercion]
         \nocite[kremer at verify,acquisti0homomorphic]
         \placepublications[criterium=cite]
       \stopbackmatter
    \stoptext

This results in the explicitly cited works first, followed by the
remaining nocited documents with cited works. You can manually create
the nocite entries or generate them with a script.

 From earlier comments on the list, it appears that with ConTeXt MKII
one could use \nocite[*] instead of \nocite[all entries that appear in
database], but that does not work in MKIV. Perhaps the new bibliography
tools will provide it again.

--
Rik