[NTG-context] Lua to Context Table

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 03:23:56 CEST 2014

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 12:59 AM, John Kitzmiller <kitz at inradius.net> wrote:

> Here is Lua code that prints the first nine fibonacci numbers:
>
> local function fib(n)
>   f={1,1}
>   for i=3,9 do
>     f[i]=f[i-1]+f[i-2]
>   end
>   return(f[n])
> end
> for n=1,9 do print(fib(n)) end
>
> Here is Context+Lua that prints 3 x 3 table of the first nine natural
> numbers:
>
> \starttext
> \setupTABLE[each][each][frame=off,align=left,width=4em,height=2em]
> \startluacode
> context.bTABLE()
> for j = 0, 2 do
>   context.bTR()
>     for k = 1, 3 do
>       context.bTD()
>         context(3*j+k)
>       context.eTD()
>     end
>   context.eTR()
> end
> context.eTABLE()
> \stopluacode
> \stoptext
>
> How can these be combined to print a 3 x 3 table of the first nine
> fibonacci numbers?
>
> I have tried a couple of ways to iterate over the lua table f in the most
> indented line of context, looked at what pertinent threads I could find,
> the Wiki entries, CLD, and tried Aditya's method from Stack Exchange; I am
> missing something.

You have a *global* table f  that collides with the internals of context
local function fib(n)
  f={1,1}
  for i=3,9 do
    f[i]=f[i-1]+f[i-2]
  end
  return(f[n])
end

\starttext
\setupTABLE[each][each][frame=off,align=left,width=8em,height=2em]

\startluacode
local function fib(n)
  local f={1,1}
  for i=3,9 do
    f[i]=f[i-1]+f[i-2]
  end
  return(f[n])
end
context.bTABLE()
for j = 0, 2 do
  context.bTR()
    for k = 1, 3 do
      context.bTD()
        context("fib(%s)=%s" ,3*j+k, fib(3*j+k) )
      context.eTD()
    end
  context.eTR()
end