[NTG-context] Leave out reference to page if on the same page?

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Fri Aug 1 13:30:35 CEST 2014

On 26 Jul 2014, at 10:43, Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 7/25/2014 4:31 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>> Thanks all for the discussion. As a simple user, I think I must pass. All this complexity in my document text and setup is too much trouble and it seems risky (wjhat am I going to break?). Far less work to do a small check at the end.
>
> Well, that kind of decisions demand injecting a node so there could be potential interference (as with more mechanisms that carry status info around for a second pass).
>
> Anyway, maybe someone else benefits from the extension.
>
>> What I was looking for was something simple that made for instance \at{page][foo] conditional, e.g.
>>
>> \conditionalat[when]{page}[foo]
>>
>> with ‘when’ is something like
>> 	always
>> 	onpage
>> 	offpage
>> 	onspread
>> 	offspread
>> 	never
>>
>> Typing \conditionalat instead of \at is what I as a simpleton user can handle…
>
> \unprotect
>
> \unexpanded\def\strc_references_conditional#1#2[#3]#4[#5]% {text}[condition][reference]
>  {\doifcheckedpagestate{#5}%
>     {\doifelse{#3}\v!precedingpage{#1{#2}[#5]}\ignorespaces}%
>     {\doifelse{#3}\v!hencefore    {#1{#2}[#5]}\ignorespaces}%
>     {\doifelse{#3}\v!current      {#1{#2}[#5]}\ignorespaces}%
>     {\doifelse{#3}\v!hereafter    {#1{#2}[#5]}\ignorespaces}%
>     {\doifelse{#3}\v!followingpage{#1{#2}[#5]}\ignorespaces}%
>     {}}
>
> \unexpanded\def\conditionalat   {\strc_references_conditional\at}
> \unexpanded\def\conditionalin   {\strc_references_conditional\in}
> \unexpanded\def\conditionalabout{\strc_references_conditional\about}
>
> \protect
>
> But I'll not enable it to the code as it's not used anyway (maybe sometime a module).

I’ve tried to add this to my environment and product file, but even without using it, it ends in an error:

(/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/spec-tpd.mkii
specials        : loading definition file fdf
(/usr/local/texlive/2014/texmf-dist/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.mkii))
! Undefined control sequence.
l.5  {\doifcheckedpagestate
                           {#5}%
?