[NTG-context] Problem with List of Abbreviations

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jul 29 19:04:02 CEST 2014

On 7/29/2014 11:58 AM, Robert Blackstone wrote:
> Problem with List of Abbreviations
> Dear all,
>
> In my list of abbreviations I need different styles for different types of entry. A typical case is titles of journals, of which both the abbreviation and the full name should  be slanted.
> I had it working, albeit with some tricks, with older versions of mkiv, up till 25-01, but with more recent versions things don’t work anymore.
> Also the setup-commands seem to have been changed:
> In recent versions the pair:
> definesynonyms[abbreviation][abbreviations][\infull][\inshort]
> \setupabbreviations[textstyle=slanted,synonymstyle=slanted,criterium=all]
> gives en error message about an undefined control sequence.
>
> In the following minimal example I have listed what I could find as possibilities. The top three work with older versions. In the bottom three, for the recent mkiv, both textstyle and synonymstyle remain normal.
> In the older versions only the abbreviation could be made slanted the way, but I could make the synonym slanted with {\em entry} , and I still could do that, but this cannot be done with the abbreviation.

Can you check if this gives the wanted effects:

\unprotect

\setupsimplelist
   [\v!sorting]
   [\c!headstyle=\simplelistparameter\c!synonymstyle,
    \c!headcolor=\simplelistparameter\c!synonymcolor,
    \c!style=\simplelistparameter\c!textstyle,
    \c!color=\simplelistparameter\c!textcolor]

\protect

This would have worked ok too:

\completelistofabbreviations[criterium=all,headstyle=\bf,style=\bi]

These lists have become more sophisticated deep down.