[NTG-context] Leave out reference to page if on the same page?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sat Jul 26 10:43:33 CEST 2014

On 7/25/2014 4:31 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> Thanks all for the discussion. As a simple user, I think I must pass. All this complexity in my document text and setup is too much trouble and it seems risky (wjhat am I going to break?). Far less work to do a small check at the end.

Well, that kind of decisions demand injecting a node so there could be
potential interference (as with more mechanisms that carry status info
around for a second pass).

Anyway, maybe someone else benefits from the extension.

> What I was looking for was something simple that made for instance \at{page][foo] conditional, e.g.
>
> \conditionalat[when]{page}[foo]
>
> with ‘when’ is something like
> 	always
> 	onpage
> 	offpage
> 	onspread
> 	offspread
> 	never
>
> Typing \conditionalat instead of \at is what I as a simpleton user can handle…

\unprotect

\unexpanded\def\strc_references_conditional#1#2[#3]#4[#5]%
{text}[condition][reference]
   {\doifcheckedpagestate{#5}%
      {\doifelse{#3}\v!precedingpage{#1{#2}[#5]}\ignorespaces}%
      {\doifelse{#3}\v!hencefore    {#1{#2}[#5]}\ignorespaces}%
      {\doifelse{#3}\v!current      {#1{#2}[#5]}\ignorespaces}%
      {\doifelse{#3}\v!hereafter    {#1{#2}[#5]}\ignorespaces}%
      {\doifelse{#3}\v!followingpage{#1{#2}[#5]}\ignorespaces}%
      {}}

\unexpanded\def\conditionalat   {\strc_references_conditional\at}
\unexpanded\def\conditionalin   {\strc_references_conditional\in}
\unexpanded\def\conditionalabout{\strc_references_conditional\about}

\protect

But I'll not enable it to the code as it's not used anyway (maybe
sometime a module).