[NTG-context] Three questions about descriptions

Matthias Weber matweber at indiana.edu
Fri Jul 25 20:56:22 CEST 2014

Dear All,

I’d like to use a mechanism that allows me to create an itemized list with my own labels like one can
with descriptions:

\definedescription[outline][
    headstyle=bold,style=normal,alternative=hanging,margin=1cm,distance=-.8cm]

\starttext

\outline[Welcome] Tea

\outline[Introduction] Tufte or Knuth?

\outline[Snack] Chocolate Cake

\outline[Discussion] Knuth or Tufte?

\outline[Open End] Bear and wine

\stoptext

However, instead of the above I would like to

— have the result “packed”, i.e. without lines between the descriptions
— have a stopper (“:”) after the label
— have the text of the description begin after the stopper and not at a fixed indentation (distance=…)

How do I do that?

Thanks,

Matthias