[NTG-context] Why is my output body text in 15pt?

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Jul 23 12:27:05 CEST 2014

On 7/23/2014 12:13 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
> I am typesetting a small pocketbook. I’m using mkii and the standard
> products/environment/chapters structure. I am trying to create a small
> paperbook size book with 11pt Optima font (using the converted font on
> my Mac).

if you're using luatex with type 1 fonts, take a look at the mkiv
typescripts; you don't need the encodings any more as we're unicode and
type one fonts are also mapped onto unicode (you only need afm files and
pfb files, no tfm is used)

\starttypescript [serif] [melior] [name]

   \definefontsynonym [MeliorLT-Roman]   [MeliorLT]

   \definefontsynonym [Serif]            [MeliorLT-Roman]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifItalic]      [MeliorLT-Italic]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBold]        [MeliorLT-Bold]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldItalic]  [MeliorLT-BoldItalic]

   \definefontsynonym [SerifSlanted]     [SerifItalic]
   \definefontsynonym [SerifBoldSlanted] [SerifBoldItalic]

   \definefontsynonym [SerifCaps]        [Serif]

\stoptypescript

\starttypescript [serif] [melior]

   \definefontsynonym [MeliorLT]            [file:lte50062]
   \definefontsynonym [MeliorLT-Italic]     [file:lte50063]
   \definefontsynonym [MeliorLT-Bold]       [file:lte50064]
   \definefontsynonym [MeliorLT-BoldItalic] [file:lte50065]

\stoptypescript

i'm not sure why you get 15pt if not asked for but simplifying the
typescripts might help sorting it out

(alternatively use the now built-in selectfont mechanism)