[NTG-context] aligning framedtexts inside framed

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jul 22 16:02:29 CEST 2014

On 7/22/2014 12:22 PM, Meer, H. van der wrote:
> In search of a nice presentation of two passages of text I am trying to
> put two \framedtext's inside a \framed with their top at the same level.
> However, I have not been able to accomplish this. Instead they align
> their bottom.
>
> Example with its result:
> \framed[location=top]\bgroup
> \hsize=0.5\textwidth
> \startframedtext[left][width=0.5\textwidth,location=top]\leavevmode
>     some text
> \stopframedtext
> \startframedtext[left][width=0.5\textwidth,location=top]\leavevmode
>     some other text\crlf of more lines
> \stopframedtext
> \egroup

\startframedtext is a text flow command (with before and after and such)

> Changing the location parameter made no difference, introducing an align
> ruined the placement on the same line.
> How do I get the toplines of the inner frames at the same height?

several solutions, here is one:

\starttext

\startframed[strut=no,offset=1ex]%
     \startcombination[nx=2,ny=1,location=top,distance=1ex]
         \startcontent
             \startframed[width=0.5\textwidth,align=normal]%
                some text
             \stopframed
         \stopcontent
         \startcaption \stopcaption
         \startcontent
             \startframed[width=0.5\textwidth,align=normal]%
                 some other text\crlf of more lines
             \stopframed
         \stopcontent
         \startcaption \stopcaption