[NTG-context] pagenumber suppression howto?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at gmail.com
Sun Jul 20 20:35:32 CEST 2014

Am 20.07.2014 um 12:03 schrieb Meer, H. van der <H.vanderMeer at uva.nl>:

> My goal is pages without header info at the top and text plus a pagenumber on the bottom. This can be accomplished by:
> \setupheader[state=stop]
> \setupfooter[text][before=\hairline,style=small,location=left,strut=yes]
> \setupfootertexts[some text][pagenumber]
>
> I want the first page without that footer, to be done with:
> \noheaderandfooterlines
>
> But then comes the problem, because afterwards the default takes over and on the subsequent pages the pagenumber starts to appear in the header (the default setting apparently). Thus the \noheaderandfooterlines annuls the \setupheader[state=stop]
>
> I did not find out how to get rid of the default pagenumber.
> \setuppagenumber[state=stop] kills all pagenumbering, the programmed one in the leftbottom corner too.
> \setuppagenumbering[state=stop] kills all pagenumbers, included the one I want to appear.
> \setuppagenumbering[location=none] merely puts the pagenumber in the middle of the footer, obviously location=none has no meaning in ConTeXt.
>
> So, I am at the end of the possibilities I can think of. How to?

Context performs only a check for a empty argument of the location key
(i.e. \setuppagenumbering[location=]) and in all other keys checks the argument
for a valid keyword, all unknown keywords are ignored. The ignored  “none” keyword
can be added by a simple change in the file page-txt.mkvi and I think such a change
would make sense because there are many places “none” is used when you disable
a function.

\unexpanded\def\strc_pagenumbers_set_location
  {\edef\p_strc_pagenumbers_location{\directpagenumberingparameter\c!location}%
   \ifx\p_strc_pagenumbers_location\m_page_layouts_page_number_location
      % unchanged
   \else
     \let\m_page_layouts_page_number_location\p_strc_pagenumbers_location
     \page_layouts_reset_page_number_location
     \ifx\p_strc_pagenumbers_location\empty
       % set otherwise
-    \else
+    \else\ifx\p_strc_pagenumbers_location\v!none
+      % set otherwise
+    \else
       \page_layouts_identify_page_number_location
       \page_layouts_set_page_number_location
-    \fi
+    \fi\fi
   \fi}