[NTG-context] Which Image quality should I use ?

Henning Hraban Ramm texml at fiee.net
Sun Jul 13 12:06:35 CEST 2014

Am 2014-07-12 um 18:58 schrieb Pol Stra <ryzz at hotmail.fr>:

> I wonder, what can I do to reduce the size of
> those files while keeping a printable quality document?

For color or greyscale pictures that are (like) photos, 150 dpi in final size is mostly enough, even for quality offset printing.

„In final size“ = not scaled up

If you have fine lines, like diagrams or scanned text, you might need 300 dpi. For black & white lineart, you should use the resolution of your printer, but even for offset printing 800 dpi is enough (more than 1200 dpi are always nonsense).

Greetlings, Hraban
---
http://www.fiee.net/texnique/
http://wiki.contextgarden.net